likes, loves and lusts

happy new year!

Posted by on | |
Before I forget - HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! It's January 1, and there are 358 days to kissmass, and a hell of a lot to get done before then!
Some of my they're-not-resolutions-they're-good-ideas-for-extending-yourself are:
  • gym more
  • mosaicking course
  • drawing course
  • scuba lessons
  • find a new career path
  • learn to cook at least one full servable meal
  • learn to play one full piano piece
  • read more

There are more, but I can't think of them right now. I'll add them here as I go, so that I can keep a record.
And then you can't really blunder forward without taking stock of the year gone by. So, what I've achieved/gained/learned:

  • I learned the value of true friends - those that you'll have with you for years to come. And those relationships that are not worth flogging
  • got engaged!
  • went to new york, san fran, vegas - trip of a lifetime
  • first ever voice over work
  • bought my first car - brand new
  • moved to greenside
  • got a new job description
  • learned that it's not always about you - some things just aren't your fault
  • vegas arrived - only just in time for this list!
  • first ever spa treatments - wheee
  • opened a money market account
It's been a pretty busy year - and a pretty good year. And I think next year is going to be even more. Direction is a good thing...

2 comments:

noodle said...

Yeah, it's good to have a direction. The year flies by anyway, so it may as well have a purpose hey? And by blogging it, it makes us just a little bit more accountable…

@ngel said...

I think purpose gives you something to aim for. Even the little things - I'm addicted to sense of achievement :o)

Post a Comment